School's (almost) out for the summer! While you are enjoying some well deserved time, we will be working on new content that you can incorporate into your professional development journey and district games.
Here's a sneak peek at what's up next!
Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports (PBIS) & Multi-tiered System of Support (MTSS)
- Describe your district's approach to behavior management and discipline. How does it address PBIS standards, and how could it be improved?
- Organize your classroom behavior management system into a pyramid inspired by PBIS/MTSS models.
- Reflect on a recent behavioral issue. How could you have handled it differently using PBIS?
- Create a flowchart that you can use to address unwanted classroom behaviors.
Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Why are Next Generation Science Standards an important part of 21st century learning?
- Use an NGSS Model Course map to guide your teaching.
- Explore and integrate crosscutting concepts into your lesson plans.
Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Create a survey or activity that will help you assess student's background knowledge.
- How can you incorporate study strategies for the different types of learners in your classroom (auditory, visual, social, etc.)?
- Redesign an existing lesson plan using UDL guidelines.
These are just a few of the new topics we will be working on this summer. If you have a need for a different pathway or an additional idea for content that would be valuable to your district, please contact us or comment below. We would love to hear from you!