Congratulations to the team at Palm Springs Unified for winning a California School Boards Association Golden Bell for their Cyber Champions program!
Just last month, we published a spotlight congratulating PSUSD on their Cyber Champion game -- and a lot has already changed since then! Their student-facing digital citizenship game has taken off, with over 1,500 high school students competing and learning. The district expects to release the game to their middle school students in March.
July 11-12, 2017
CUE Rock Star Teacher Camp
CUE Rock Star Teacher Camps include:
- hands-on, "make it, take it" sessions.
- 10:1 Participant to CUE Rock Star Faculty Ratio!
- award-winning CUE Rock Star Faculty: Apple Distinguished Educators, Google Certified Teachers, Microsoft Innovative Educators, and more....
- morning "Shred Sessions" with a LIVE DEMO from each presenter!
- lunch, beverages and an ice cream social each day.
July 18, 2017
San Francisco, CA
How Bots are Changing Education
"Join us for a panel on how chatbots are transforming the education space. We will discuss how bots are changing the way people learn and how they enhance students’ experiences. We will also be talking about the development of the bot ecosystem and how to adapt as the environment continues to change. Whether you’re currently building bots for a company or thinking about entering the bot space, you will walk away with actionable tactics from the experts."
With thought leaders from Skype, IBM Watson, Quizlet, and LifeSpark.
July 24-25, 2017
CUE Rock Star Teacher Camp
- Common Sense Digital Citizenship - If you've been following our Digital Citizenship series, you know this one is important! "What does it mean to be a good digital citizen? How can students grow up responsible, safe and skeptical about their digital experience? Unpack CommonSense Media’s resources from parent guides to a full CCSS aligned curriculum that can be plugged into curol next year."
- Blogging and Podcasting: Painlessly Prodding Students into Authentic Writing - "Do you know what motivates students to write well? A public arena! Learn to teach your kids writing through blogging. Participants will go through the steps of how to use blogging and commenting to improve student voice and the revision process. We will also walk through how to use podcasts to increase engagement and publish student work. Come see why the real trick to improving writing is establishing a wider, authentic audience."
- And much more!
July 25-27, 2017
San Diego, CA
Fleet Summer Inquiry Institute 2017
"The Summer Inquiry Institute is a three day professional learning experience for teachers in the San Diego area. Join your fellow teachers and experience inquiry as a learner, examine different approaches to hands-on learning, explore process skills and NGSS practices, engage in a full scientific inquiry, and consider ways to include inquiry in your own classroom.
This workshop is based upon the Fundamentals of Inquiry professional development program developed by the Exploratorium, and incorporates the Next Generation Science Standards."
July 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
EdTech IT Summit
"Morning keynote Fran Mauney of Intel Education will speak on the convergence of technology and K12 curricula and where the connected classroom is going. Afternoon keynote Mike Fleetwood will talk about the most recent changes to eRate and resources and strategies for keeping pace with technological advances. And there will be plenty of time to exchange ideas and talk about security challenges with other campus IT leaders, as well as representatives from Microsoft, Google, HPE, Aruba, Datto, Malwarebytes, and more."
Who should attend: School IT Directors and Managers, Network Engineers, Budget Officers, Superintendents, Principals, Vice Principals, Curriculum Developers, Science Chairs, Teacher Leadership.
July 28, 2017
Better Together: CA Teachers Summit
"California teachers are working hard to foster inclusive classrooms, spark learning and equip all students to succeed. Now more than ever, teachers deserve an opportunity to come together and share ways to support our students, protect our values as educators and set an example for the nation.
Join thousands of teachers from across California for a FREE day of learning featuring a TED-style EdTalk presented by a local teacher and Edcamp discussions led by teachers, for teachers. You will walk away with access to the latest strategies and tools you can bring back to your classroom, and connect to a lasting and powerful network of peers."
July 31 - August 1, 2017
Designing Making Experiences
"Designing Making Experiences is a two-day intensive professional development workshop for educators eager to integrate making in school into their own practice. Spend two days planning a K-12 making project or unit of your choice and leave with a project example made by you. While being immersed in a making environment, you will make and develop, test and troubleshoot the making curriculum or project of your choice for your K-12 classroom or school."
Site: flickr.com [Image 1]
As an online learning platform provider, we believe in the power of technology to increase educational opportunities for teachers and students alike. As access to devices and the internet both in and out of the classroom increases for children, so does the importance of digital citizenship.
Professional development events near you in May